Saturday, July 7, 2018

What’s in my Dopp Kit?


Dopp Kit: Portland Leather Goods. XL size.
9” x 4.5” x 4.5”
Shampoo and Conditioner: Le Grand Bain Citron + Vetiver. I took some of the “complementary” ones from my recent stay at the Sheraton in Arlington, Virginia. This immediately became my favorite shampoo and conditioner combo. I was pleased to find out the Sheraton’s online store sells these in full sized bottles. The most apt analogy here is Costco samples. They give you a little to get you hooked and you in turn buy a product you would have normally overlooked. Ingenious really. Although I might be the first person ever to buy a brand of shampoo after helping myself to the “complementary” ones out of a hotel.
Razors: Yintal safety razor from AliExpress and Parker travel safety razor. Both cost effective and efficient razors. I recommend keeping a razor in this price range in your Dopp Kit. No bueno on losing premium priced items. 
Shaving Cream and Soap: Proraso tube cream and a D.R. Harris Marlborough shave stick. I also used a Strike Gold Shave stick on my recent trip. Samples, tube creams and shave sticks are ideal for your Dopp Kit. 
Shaving Brushes: Maggard Synthetic 22mm and Omega boar hair. Both smaller brushes and great for travel. 
Hair Gel: Schwarzkopf Göt 2B Glued. This has been my go to hair styling product for years,  tied with Style Sexy Hair (you can’t miss it in it’s blue bottle). Both products have a great degree of longevity and produce my desired style. 
Deodorant: Right Guard and Olivina Men aluminum free deodorant. 
Oral Care: Travel toothpaste and Colgate toothbrush. Much like the deodorant I have just stuck to commercially available products in this category.

No comments:

Post a Comment