Sunday, January 27, 2019

Shave of the Day: Sunday January 27, 2019 and Wednesday January 30, 2019


Razor: Karve C plate, 3.5” handle 
Blade: Israeli Crystal (1st use and 2nd use)
Brush:  DS Cosmetics Synthetic 
Soap: Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato

I am just going to keep this setup out for the next few days. I am just blown away how amazing this soap base is. Before even applying the post shave product I can already feel the moisturizing properties of the soap. I went for three
passes (WTG, XTG and ATG) rather than my usual two (WTG, ATG). No greasiness. No tackiness. No nicks. 

The Israeli Crystals. I give these a good 7/10 for smoothness and roughly 8/10 for sharpness. Not  bad at all, not the best. 

DS Cosmetics brush. This company was kind enough to send me a few brushes to try and I’m still in the process of trying them and comparing them to what I gravitate towards in my regular rotation. The brushes have a lot of backbone (more so than I typically prefer for synths) but this red one has been my favorite out of all the brushes I was sent to try and does seem to have the level of backbone I prefer. The knot is pillowy soft and the handle real comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment