Thursday, May 23, 2019

Shave of the Day: Thursday May 23, 2019 and Friday May 24, 2019


Razor: Timeless .95
Blade: Astor (2nd and 3rd use)
Brush: Frank Shaving Two Band Badger 
Soap: D.R. Harris Marlborough 
Aftershave: D.R. Harris Marlborough

Although D.R. Harris doesn’t always have the best reputation for creating a lather I find a little extra load time goes a long way with it. Mounds of lather are not created but it does have adequate with decent consistency. One might argue that Marlborough is more of a fall scent, I find it really enjoyable throughout the year. Smoky being the term I would use to describe it. Not overwhelming or too long lasting. The aftershave has the perfect amount of kick to it. 

I rarely pull out the .95 for a daily shave anymore (generally I find it perfect for two or more days) but the I noticed the Astor blade is more on the smooth end of the spectrum than the sharper side, so the pairing worked well providing a comfortable nick-free shave and BBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment