Monday, February 5, 2018

SOTD: Monday February 5, 2018


Revisiting Maca Root
Razor: Timeless .95 
Blade: Personna Blue (3rd use)
Brush: Maggard Synthetic 24MM, Marble Handle 
Cream: The Body Shop Maca Root 
Aftershave: The Body Shop Maca Root 

Since around the beginning of the year I have been putting more emphasis on ingredients and soap bases rather than the “this smells nice,” factor. How well does it perform and more importantly (for me) how well is the post feel. This is why soaps like Barrister & Mann and Wholly Kaw (among many others) have made their way in my regular rotation. 
In the past I would describe Maca Root as “an old lady’s moisturizer” or “grandma’s skin scream.” It getting buried under a mountain of soaps and creams on my bathroom shelves only being pulled out when I made a point to use it. 

Anyways back to my original point if you’re still reading this. I pulled this out keeping in mind it’s skin nourishing properties that Maca Root is known for. The lather whipped up rather quick in my relatively hard water with great consistency. Above mid range slickness with plenty of enough cushion for the efficient but smooth Timeless .95. This provided a wonderful nick-free shave with the lasting post feelI was looking for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment