Friday, March 2, 2018

SOTD: Friday March 2, 2018


Razor: Timeless Titanium .95
Blade: Rapira (3rd use)
Bowl: ShaveBowl 
Brush: That Darn Rob “Old Cahaba”
Soap: Lakewood Soap Teakwood 
Aftershave: Barbedeaux 

You all know what a fan of Timeless, Lakewood, That Darn Rob and Barbedeaux I am so I am going to focus on ShaveBowl here. I have to admit I am a fan of the aesthetics of traditional porcelain, so I’ve been resistant to buy any sort plastic bowl. With that in mind as it has been pointed out by others this is a high quality polymer with a flawless finish that is going to withstand day-to-day use better. I viewed this as a minimalistic modern take on the antique scuttles where there was a place to hold the soap and brush with the bottom portion serving as a place to store soap. 

The scuttle-like feature is what I was most intrigued to try by filling both the bottom and top portion with warm water for a few minutes, and it does retain some residual warmth in the lather. 

Another multi-purpose aspect I find myself using is the brush holder to let my brushes dry after use since I am in the habit of just letting them dry by letting the knot hang off the counter throughout the day. 

I’m glad to see artisans offering alternatives to traditional porcelain to not only give us more options but more durable ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment