Sunday, June 30, 2019

Shave of the Day: Sunday June 30, 2019 and Monday July 1, 2019


Razor: Karve Shaving C plate
Blade: Astra “Blue” Superior Stainless (2nd and 3rd use)
Brush: Sawdust Creation Studio “Alabama Drift”  
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Taft
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Taft

Taft is inspired by L’eau d’Issey Pour Homme from Issey Miyake with some of the shared notes from both products being yuzu, water lily, bergamot and nutmeg. I badgered Frank (the proprietor) about bringing back Taft and am glad this one got a second term unlike the actual Taft (ba-dum-tss). 

In addition to a sample of the Taft aftershave I also  paired it with the Seductive Homme Blue fragrance from Guess. Both scents came together nicely. Taft along with Clinton are my two favorite scents from Strike Gold Shave, although I’d be hard pressed to say that I found an offering from them I that I did not like. 

Although they also started offering tallow based options as of late their vegan base would still crack my top five.

No comments:

Post a Comment