Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Vintage Shave of the Day: Wednesday June 26, 2019


Razor: GEM Micromatic
Blade: Personna GEM style (2nd use) 
Brush:  Restored Ever-Ready from Reyes Restorations
Soap: Derby Shave Stick 
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Cooling 

This particular shave single handily changed my mind on GEM razors and had better results than the last time when I used the GEM Junior. One pass was incredibly close and sufficient. 

I’m beginning to become a fan of the Derby stick too. Although similar to Arko this one seems to have less of the industrial lemon scent Arko has. The Derby stick seems to have a degree of citronella but not to the level of Williams Mug Soap. As far as performance comparisons I couldn’t say since it’s been awhile since I’ve used Arko, but they do seem to be pretty on par from what I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment